Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happiness


The happiness comes in little bits and pieces. Like memory sketches of times that in retrospect look better than they felt in real time. Or anticipation of the event we believe will bring us joy. But it is always elusive. The moment you believe you are happy , you start worrying about not being happy anymore when that moment passes. As if present happiness is only achievable when you can totally forget about past and future. But your mind will play tricks on you. It will be almost impossible to continue being happy. Happiness is just a moment in time. It is so expensive to be happy that it makes me wonder how to find happiness in not being happy. Like, I know I am not the best I could be NOW, but I see the potential, and although I am NOT happy, I am happy that I can change and undertake that journey of transformation. Enjoy it and be part of process, Being happy in unhappiness. Pushing yourself to the limits. Achieving in transformation. Happiness is just a dream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poz tebi, spiderwoman! :)

NatashaP said...

You're awesome Aleksandra! Seriously, one of my favourite people! I mean that! When I think of you, I think of a "happy" person. Actually, I think you have a joy (something deeper than happiness) because I agree with you that "happy" doesn't last forever. It is just an emotion, but joy is something that you can have even in adverse circumstances. To me, you are a joyful person - a breath of fresh air and I am so glad that I got to know you! :-)

sunset chaser said...

Natasha, you made me blush :) It is really rare that you come accross people who are genuine, honest, and have integrity, like you do.

As for me being joyful person, I am glad that you see me that way. If we can share joy of a moments together, maybe that is happiness :)