Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Again about Mariam Makhniashvili - did she go to Forest Hill Library?

I will be damned if I do not find some people with little bit better memories.

First, I came across three different times of when Mariam was last seen: one is police bulletin that says she "left her apartment at 8:40 am", then there is updated police bulletin that says that she was "last seen around 8:30 am" and finally there is article in Toronto Star that says that she was last seen around 8:45 am.

Second, the persons who saw the backpack behind 101 Roehampton, cannot say with certainty was it two or three weeks ago.

Third, but I am sure there will be more, is personnel from Forest Hill Library. So far I spoke with two employees. The first one did not know anything because she was just new employee. The second one, I know for sure is not the new employee, and I spoke with her this morning. These are some interesting things that came out from our conversation: to her all the teenagers are the same, therefore she cannot remember seening Mariam, she was surprised that it was mentioned in the press* that Mariam frequented the library ( she never heard of that ), and that she cannot confirm for me if Mariam had library card ( because of privacy laws ). So, I went home empty handed. Sometimes when you do not find anything, you actually find something, no matter how paradoxical this may sound. I found out that for some reason it is very hard for people to remember anything about Mariam. As if she was invisible: her peers cannot remember talking to her, no one can remember seening her on the street that morning, the librarian cannot remember if she ever saw her in the library, her backpack was "invisible" for three weeks, and so on. Mariam is now missing for more than four weeks, and I am just hoping that the police knows much more than they are willing to share with us.




She was last seen at 8:45?

* http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/698988 ( article that quoted MM father saying that she spent her time in the library )





She was last seen at 8:30?





















She left home at 8:40?

No comments: