Thursday, November 12, 2009

What would you do if police knocked on your door in search for missing person?



64% of survey participants ( sample 210 ) said they would not let the police in!!!
I know what I would do. I would let them in, help them do their job, because, if I say "no", and get stuck on my human rights to privacy, I would stall them for no valid reason. Because my right to privacy is not more important than human life. And the last thing I want to do is to delay police in finding out the truth. I want them to find the person fast, alive and well, and I do not want to be an obstacle to that process.

Some people argue that police is too intrusive, and they believe that police is undertaking this search because they run out of ideas. I beg to defer. First of all, I cannot imagine that police would undertake massive search of the area, knocking on every one's door for not reason. It would not be reasonable. Of course, I am talking about the search for Mariam Makhniashvili. The fact that police does not tell media if they have any evidence does not necessarily mean that they are empty handed. By now, I am sure that they have some leads, and that is the reason for their return to, what some call, "ground zero".

This morning I saw around 10 detectives walking out of Mariam's building. I felt for a moment as if finally they are doing something for real to find her. It will be exactly two months on this Saturday since Mariam vanished on her way to school. Will they find her alive? Is she hiding, or hidden somewhere in the neighbourhood? Where is she and what happened? Maybe we will get answers very soon. Until I hear otherwise, I remain hopeful.

No comments: