Sunday, December 10, 2006

I did not see movie Borat last night

It has been now six weeks that the movie Borat is in the theaters. I had an intention of seeing it, mostly because I had heard it was hilarious. It was not that I did not try. The very first Saturday when the movie was out, Ivan and I wanted to see it in Silverciity, Yorkdale. We were disappointed to find out that 10 pm show was sold out. Well, not only that, the movie theater entrance was so crowded as if there is no tomorrow. I hate shopping malls and movie theaters in the shopping malls, I hate the smell and the lights of shopping malls, but Yorkdale is the closest movie theater, and the parking is for free.

Last night we decided, instead of spending 20.00 and more to see Borat, to stay at home and rent the movie from Blockbuster. It was easy decision for me to make. Just thinking of parking lot at Yorkdale in the Christmas shopping season made me cringe, and not wanting to go anywhere near that mess. I actually have no intention to participate in any of that. And if it takes for me to wait and see Borat on DVD, let it be. I am very, very bad consumer. I admit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do'nt know what to say, but I share you opinion about X-mass season crowded places like Yorkdale mall...