Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve

Well, I do not really celebrate Christmas now. Our Christmas is in January, and it is not a gift giving event. Or better to say, only kids receive gifts. For adults it is more of a spiritual experience, that is preceded with 40 days of fasting, called "Bozicni post".

On our Christmas Eve, Aleks, Ivan and I will go you Serbian Monastery in Milton. It is located in a very secluded area, and if you do not know your way, you may easily get lost in the woods. The monastery is located on the hill, and in the winter night, with all the trees that surrounds the area, the monastery, the lights and, hopefully snow one may experience a magical feeling, somewhat like in a fairytail.

Unfortunately, there is no snow in the forecast. This winter is to be "snowless" winter. How sad. It is supposed to snow in the winter. Last New Years' Eve, three of us went snow boarding on the hill beside North Prep School. It was fun!

What about if I move my Saturday lazy a** now, and go and get a gift for little girl whose name is Lisa. I will let you know in my next blog if I did it. Until then, so long and good buy, and take care and do not drink and drive!

No comments: